Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Virtual Walking in Memphis

I just found out today that Street View within Google Maps is now available for Memphis, TN. Now I can virtually visit some of the remaining areas in the city where I still have unfound caches. I can also chart out new places to run.

Somewhere in this blurry image is a cache I need to find. I visited this place recently and it would have helped to know it was a church with a security guard stationed in the parking lot on Sunday mornings...

Here is a second location I visited recently looking for a cache. No luck here, although it was recently found by someone who had the cache owner with them. Using Street View would have shown me where I could park nearby.

Not all of the images are as blurry as the two I posted. Here is where I lived during the early 1970's.



---

Hmmm, it doesn't let me go down some of the streets...

No comments: