Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Geoaching Resolutions for 2010

I'm not big on resolutions, but here are a few things I resolve to do in 2010.

1) Continue geocaching in small towns all over Arkansas.

2) Attend my first Geowoodstock.

3) Attend more events. Particularly in other states.

4) Finally visit the Reelfoot Lake area of northwest Tennessee.

5) Minimize posting on the GOWT forums until they get a new webmaster.
I don't appreciate any of my posts disappearing without explanation. Especially when they are being deleted by anonymous cowards.
6) Clean up some of my snarkier blog posts.
Nobody cares about the lack of personal integrity of the leadership of the local geocaching organizations of West Tennessee (GOWT and JAG).
7) Find ways to better document my geocaching adventures.

----

Mildly interesting statistics:

I found my first cache on 11/26/2004.
I found my 1000th cache on 3/12/2006.
I found my 1000th Tennessee cache on (or around) 3/24/2007.
I am approaching my 1000th Shelby County, Tennessee find (821 as of this date).

How long will it be before I have found 1000 caches in Shelby County?
How long will it be before I have found 1000 caches in Memphis?

Given the relatively few number of caches in Memphis in 2004, it would have been hard to fathom back then eventually finding 1000 caches in Memphis.

No comments: