Saturday, January 1, 2011

Final Finds of 2010 - 12/31/2010

I had the entire week off, but spent the early part of the week doing cache maintenance. The latter part of the week had off-and-on rain, so I didn't plan on any big cache runs. On Thursday, jbgreer and I hunted Flip Dizzy - Monkey Comes In by Abiectio (GC1AVN2), one of two remaining caches in the Flip Dizzy series we needed to hunt before going after the penultimate cache in the series. If you are a cacher local to the Memphis area, you really should do the entire series. It's probably the best (that I know of) in the area.

On Friday, the rain held off long enough for jbgreer and I to hunt Flip Dizzy Loves Jelly Beans by Abiectio (GC194XF). This hunt turned out to be relatively easy compared to some we have done in the area, especially considering the terrain rating. I took a lot of pictures, but can't post many of them because they are spoilers. We got back to the car just before darkness set in, and headed back into Memphis where jbgreer dropped me off.

When I got back to my computer, I began work on the puzzle for Flip Dizzy - Flip Out by Abiectio (GC1CW22), taking only a short break for dinner. After many wrong turns, I finally hit upon the solution.

I was pretty excited about solving the puzzle, and because I knew only about a half-dozen finds had been made in the two years since the cache was published, I wanted to post a note on the cache page that basically said that I had solved the puzzle and that as soon as my caching partner solved it, we would be hunting it. When I went to post the note, I saw that on 12/20, a couple of "cache jackals" had posted notes saying that they had found the cache and would log it online after they "met the requirements".

[ Do you take the path less traveled? ]

I look forward to hunting Flip Dizzy - Flip Out by Abiectio (GC1CW22), which according to spoilers in the cache logs, is a multi-stage cache.

Anyways, it's a New Year and time for me to get to work creating my list of favorite finds of 2010.

Update 1/1: My caching partner, jbgreer called me this morning to let me know he has solved the puzzle for "Flip Out".

No comments: