Sunday, December 25, 2011

A Christmas Flash Mob - 12/25/2011

Normally, Christmas Day would be a bit too busy too do anything geocaching-related, but Holiday Flash..err...Twinkle Mob by Abiectio (GC393JE) was only 4 miles from where I live, so I decided to head over there before going off to visit family. The event started at 11am, so I got to Tom Lee Park in downtown Memphis about 45 minutes early, so that I could relax and watch the barges on the Mississippi River.

[ My vantage point while waiting for the event to start. ]

At around 10:58, I realized that I would be late to the 11am start, but headed over anyways, and was 3 minutes late. There were five people there, which was a fair amount considering the day and how far some of them drove to be there. We all enjoyed some cupcakes that the host, Abiectio brought along before going our separate ways.


It turned out to be a better day than I had expected, but I didn't hunt anymore caches during the day. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

No comments: