Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Flash Mob at the Memphis Zoo - 1/1/2013

I did no caching over my extended Christmas break.  I just haven't felt up to it.  As a matter of fact, I almost forgot that I had signed up for The Zoo Flash Mob by Playful Seaotter (GC42XV3) on New Year's Day.  I arrived at the park with only a minute or two to spare.  A 15 minute event lasted about an hour with everyone discussing geocaching-related matters.


As the event was breaking up, some of the other cachers wanted to take advantage of the fact that zoo admission on Tuesdays after 2pm is free to Tennessee residents and find the cache located on the zoo grounds.  A group of seven made our way to the Teton Trak exhibit where the cache was supposed to be located.  When we couldn't find the cache, we discovered in the online logs that the cache had DNFs stretching back to the summer.  We managed as a group to improvise a new container and log and marked the cache as found.  It was really too cold to tour the rest of the zoo so we parted ways.

No comments: