Thursday, May 28, 2015

May Events in West Tennessee

I haven't been doing much geocaching in the past two months.  What little caching I have done is to fill days on my geocalendar.  That's been a little tough because most of my empty days are during the week so I have to get up early to find a cache before heading into work.

I have been attending geocaching events whenever possible and this month I made it to two.

On May 3, I went to 15 Years of Geocaching! by Team SpiderMonkey | GC5RR65 at Shelby Farms Park to celebrate the 15th anniversary of Geocaching and of course get another meaningless "souvenir" to add to my digital collection.

I got to the park early and headed out to find nearby caches before the event. The first cache  I found was Cache Hiders: A House Made of Bricks by Cache Hiders | GC5N85K. Excellent cache with a field puzzle to get the combination to a lock on the cache.  I got the numbers, but could not read the lock to open it.  I solved this problem by using my camera zoom to read the numbers.  As a side note, there was much speculation at the event on the identity of "Cache Hiders", an alias for a cacher who has put out a half-dozen uniquely challenging caches recently.  Personally, I don't care who he/she is.

After I got home I found a tick on my upper left arm.  Two days later, I had a physical and showed my bite to the doctor who insisted on putting me on antibiotics for a week.  Better safe than sorry, I guess.

My next event was 1K Journey with JoanKV, tuttik, and MorWoods by stemor | GC5THX4 on May 16.  Lots of people came out to celebrate at a Mexican place in Cordova.  It was fun, but crowded.  I should have taken more pictures, but I did see a nice box one of the cachers had to store geocoins in.

No comments: