Saturday, September 13, 2008

In the Neighborhood

Last night I ran in the Cooper-Young 4 mile race that kicks off the yearly festival in this neighborhood. The start of the race was near a cache I found over three years ago. On May 2, 2005, I was the FTF on Neighborhood by Mr Lost adopted by Andy/Memphis (GCNNZ3).

Standing at the start of the race, I was reminded of the enthusiasm I once had whenever I saw a new cache pop up. As I raced down the streets in the zigzag course, I noted several places that would be great places to hide caches. When the weather cools off, I will head back over to check these places out.

The race itself went pretty well. It had around 600 participants and I finished in 278th place with a time of just under 36 and a half minutes. It was blistering hot and I was appreciative of the people standing in their yards spraying runners with water as they passed by.

No comments: