Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sun Studio

I haven't been geocaching much lately because I have been training and running in our local running club's Road Race series. The last of the 10 races in this series is tomorrow, so today my plans for this day were just to kick back and relax. I got on the computer and was surprised to see a new cache in my area. I didn't have a GPSr on me so I had to rely on satellite imagery to find Sun Studio by Berlan Eligab (GC1J3XF).

The imagery for this part of Memphis needs to be updated as a major new building in the area doesn't show up on the images. The cache was a simple park and grab but the name is a little misleading. Although, technically the cache is in the general location - you can hunt it without realizing that Sun Studio is even in the area. In fact, it would have been more accurate to name the cache "UT-Memphis parking lot cache". Knowing that it was in a UT campus parking lot might alert the cache hunter to the fact that UT campus security patrols this and other campus lots and is probably unaware this cache is here. There is another lot closer to Sun Studio that belongs to Southwest Tennessee Community College that would have perhaps been a better spot since it is right next to Sun Studios, but I imagine it would be tougher to hide from muggles.

No comments: