Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Memories...

I was reading the MTGC forums (Middle Tennessee Geocaching Club), when I spotted this gem of a post:

A race in W. TN..........?

Post by TurndAround on Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:08 pm
Greetings from the other end of the state! Myself and some others are tossing around the possibility of a littel race over here, Nascarjunk is thinking of putting it together and here is his orginal post on our forums:


"I have thought about hosting another georace in Jackson. It will be between 15 and 18 hides that will be logable when the race is over. I have brought this up to the Bluff boys and they said they would be there. I will need 2 people to help me out the day of the event. Sometime in the middle of April. Would anyone show up???? I do not want to go through all the trouble if I can not get aleat 10 teams.

Also if you are a member of another geo forum could you please post this there also. I would like a big turnout."

Just wanted to post it here and see if anyone was interested, if so, feel free to come on over to our fourms and let us know. WWW.jacksonareageocachers.com or e-mail me @ [e-mail redacted].

Thanks

TurndAround
Nascarjunk (of JAG) hosting a race, huh? Hmmmmm...... I wonder if anybody out there remembers this.


Nascarjunk tried to host a travel bug race from Tennessee to Oregon and back. Information was hosted by jimmylogan on this website.

Anyways, as I recall, he got upset that not enough people signed up for the race, so he dropped it. This being after people purchased travel bugs and tags for the race.

At least for this geo-race, nobody is out any money or effort if (or when) the proposed event is cancelled.

No comments: