Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Caching on Mother's Day 2009

Since I live too far away to visit my Mom on this day, I went to spend the afternoon with my brother and his family. I wanted to hunt a few caches on the way, but didn't want to get muddy so I picked up 6 easy ones.

The first two were quick park and grabs: Hot or Mild? by Pixiemama (GC1EM75) and AKA Fred Meyers by FrozenTundraMonkeys (GCW3Y8). The latter of those two was in serious need of repair. Next, I hit Lucky by cgeek (GCY09G), a simple roadside cache in an empty area.

I drove a bit further north and found Famil(y) Park Again!!!! by masmason12 (GC1CVMD) near Lakeland City Hall before heading west for my final two caches of the day.


The first (or 5th) was located in Blue Lagoon Park in north Bartlett. This park is in a developing area and has a lake with a walking trail as well as some soccer fields to the north. To get the cache - Young Brooke Shields in the ___ ___ Movie by RussHolland (GC1JNXY) involved a hike most of the way around the lake. There were muggles near the cache when I started my walk, but they headed off before I got to my destination. The cache area was a little swampy and the coordinates seemed a bit off, but I made the find.

After the hike back to the car, I drove to the opposite end of the street (Blue Lagoon Drive) and found my last cache: m L g w by RussHolland (GC1JVK0) on the perimeter of a MLGW substation.

By this time I was out of caches and it was starting to sprinkle a little bit so I headed off to my brother's house where we had lasagna for dinner.

No comments: