Monday, October 5, 2009

Lichterman Nature Center - 10/3/2009

I did more than just attend an event on this beautiful Saturday. I also hunted caches. I had invited my pal jbgreer to have lunch with me and hunt the caches at the Lichterman Nature Center. We arranged to meet up after the event and headed for a nice lunch at Lenny's Sub Shop.

We arrived at the Nature Center around 1:30 pm and went straight to the Visitor's Center where we paid for admission and got a list of the geocaches in the park. Interestingly, it was 2 for 1 admission day (I don't remember why) so we got in for 3 bucks each.

Once outside, we sat down and entered coordinates for the geocaches into our GPSrs. The park was having a scarecrow exhibition. I tried to make sure I got a good look at each one.

I thought I saw JAG's TurndAround in the park until I got a closer look.

Anyways, the park had five caches with clues that led to a sixth cache.

The picture below was taken at one of the areas I liked the best. One of the caches was located here as well.

For the last couple of caches, we ran into obstacles like the one below, which got to be annoying especially with the mosquitoes chasing us around.

The last cache was the hardest to find, again, especially with the mosquitoes. We were done with the hunt just after 3pm.

No comments: