Monday, May 3, 2010

10 Years! Collierville, TN - 5/2/2010

10 Years! Collierville, Tennessee by The Disorganization of Midsouth Geocachers (GC25KBZ) was one of a number of events worldwide celebrating the 10th anniversary of Geocaching. At least three of these events were within easy driving distance of my residence.

On the weekend of the event, we were bombarded this weekend by rain, tornadoes, and floods. Some people will travel through any kind of weather to get to a cache or an event. I, however, was prepared to cancel my plans to attend if things got too bad. Sunday (the day of the event) was a beautiful day. Still, I waited until the last minute to hit the road. If you can believe it, I was concerned that not enough people would be able to make it to Collierville. The above picture shows I was wrong. I had no problems until I got the the park. It was largely underwater, including the event spot. After meeting up at a pavilion on dry land, I began to look at and catalog all of the neat coins and TBs on display.

I mingled a little bit and enjoyed some delicious chocolate chip cookies brought by a cacher - acookiegirl. At the end, we posed for the group picture required by the event. We took a second picture with a bunch of us standing in about a foot of water, a bit closer to the event coordinates.

After the event, I stopped by Zaxby's for a nice late lunch before heading back to Memphis.

No comments: