Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Caching in Holly Springs, MS - 9/1/2013

I've been waiting for cooler weather to make a cache run on Oxford, MS.  Holly Springs is a small town that is on the way to Oxford rom Memphis.  It had seven caches that looked like park and grabs, so I made plans to go early Sunday morning before it go too hot and clear out these caches, so I wouldn't need to hunt them on my Oxford trip.

I arrived in Holly Springs around 7am and hit the southern most cache first and worked my way north.

Sounds Of Thunder   by Hammer Down | GC24TP7 - was just outside of a race track.  I resisted a sign's invitation to race around the track and just hunted the cache.




Next up - the town Wal Mart cache.


Wally Micro  by Riverwolf | GC1FQ2V - a guardrail cache that I found on the ground after almost giving up the search.  Its hide spot had a holder for the cache, but it wasn't effective.

Starving To Death V2 by lacey38655 | GC27268 - Easy Park and Grab that was just out of the way enough to not have to worry about watchers.

A cemetery cache was next.


Hillcrest Cemetry of Holly Springs, MS   by Scooby-Doo Crew | GC2RGXR - This was a beautiful cemetery with a cache near an entrance.  The hint confused me at first but the container was actually big enough to spot once I interpreted the hint correctly.


The South Reporter by moondg | GC1FM75  - Simply awesome and the best part of the trip!  The cache page has spoiler pictures, but seeing the cache itself was cool.

Mississippi Blues Trail : Hill Country Blues  by MS Blues Trail Geocache Committee | GC2TD3K - The cache was missing so I attempted to replace it because I am trying to log at least 25 Blues trail caches around the state.


Marshall County Historical Museum   by Scooby-Doo Crew | GC2T03Z - Nice easy hide to end the morning on. 


I wasted no time after getting back to my car and made it home well before lunch time.  I hardly broke a sweat for a change.

No comments: