Friday, August 30, 2013

31 Days of Geocaching: Days 29 - 31

It's almost over.  I think I'll do something else in Septermber.

Day 29

I went to Shelby Farms after work to get a cache at a spot I had been to before.  The traffic getting there was terrible and it took almost twice as long as it would had I visited in the morning.  I had to go home by a different route and got a chance to see the area around the Delta Fair that starts soon.

ACME-Geocaching Can Be Fun by Giardia_Boy | GC45AGA - I knew what to expect here, but it was still a fun cache.


Day 30

It was an easy choice and fairly close to home, so I set out early in the morning to hunt my last streak challenge cache.

The CCC 30 by Wrath557 | GC3XY0G- Easy find.  The challenge, of course, was to have a 30-day geocaching streak.

Day 31

 I got up early and tackled some caches around Tunica, MS.  There were several Mississippi Blues Trail caches and since I am working on that series, it was a good opportuinty.  I found several excellent caches with dry logs to finish out my 31 day streak.


Bullseye   by jht1212 | GC4KQYA - Appropriate get get the day's first cache at a Target, since I hit my target of a 31 day geocaching streak.  At this point, I seriously considered turning around and going home.


Hurricane Creek #2 by DUCKMAN63 | GC1JZAD - Quick find, foggy in the area.


Hurricane Creek #1 by DUCKMAN63 | GC1HAXP  - Quick find on Fogg Rd.

Mississippi Blues Trail: Highway 61 Blues   by dameetro | GC3PYCQ  - I loved everything about this cache.  I also relished in the fact I got here so early I had no people to worry about.


Mississippi Blues Trail: Son House by dameetro | GC3PYC5  - Another interesting out of the way spot.

Mississippi Blues Trail: Abbay & Leatherman by dameetro | GC39F66  -Nicely done guard rail cache.


Mississippi Blues Trail: James Cotton by ADS1 (adopted by Lacey38655) | GC3137D - I almost gave up on this one, but it was there and should have been easier for me.

 H'way #1 Power Trail: 1 at 49   by ButchCardfamily | GC34HXZ - Wow!  A power trail where you actually have to search to find the caches.  Better come back in weather that is much cooler.

Delta Bridges#44 Ms. River Helena by ButchCardfamily | GC4FAC8 - Easy and cool.

I-69's First Cache Updated by DUCKMAN63 | GC1JZA7 - Great cache in poor condition.  The only wet log I signed today.  I tried to clean it up a bit, but without a new box...

At some point. I will summarize what geocaching for 31 days straight meant for me.  I don't want to think about how much it cost in time and gas...

No comments: