Sunday, November 30, 2014

10 Years of Geocaching - 11/30/2014

Ten years ago, on 11/26/2004 a friend of mine convinced me to get out and try geocaching for the first time.

Ten years later, while I don't have quite the same exuberance I once had, still wanted to get out and hunt some caches this Thanksgiving weekend.

On 11/27, Thanksgiving Day, I hunted two caches, including Bridge over River Dry by hikerRon | GC4RHQ7 in Millington, TN.  I was a cool cache near a Veterans Memorial.  I'd been caching around the Wal-Mart across the street, but had never noticed this monument and "bridge."




On 11/29, I decided to make a geocache run into Arkansas, making stops at Marked Tree, Trumann, and Jonesboro.


Marked Tree was a great place to avenge some earlier DNFs.

This empty cotton field struck me as picture-worthy after hunting a cache in the Arkansas Hwy 463 Series across the road.


 There can never be too many Veterans Memorials.  The cache was nearby.

Stumped? by RememberingTree | GC5D1VW in Jonesboro was my favorite hide of the trip.


Along with a cache, the Jonesboro Farmer's Market had their Christmas trees out.


On 11/30, I visited the western end of the Vollintine/Evergreen Greenline to hunt Blue Man
by shottsy | GC5H0JA in Midtown Memphis.

The last time I was here, the "Blue Men" had been vandalized.  Today all appeared to be in good shape.



No comments: