Tuesday, December 16, 2014

12/13/14 - Events Weekend - 12/13-14/14

{ I will flesh this out a bit more later this week.}

I wasn't sure what I would end up doing this particular weekend, so I marked "Will Attend" on event caches for Saturday and Sunday.  My only plan for Sunday was to log a cache/event to mark the day on my geocaching calendar.

Saturday, I made the drive to Collierville's W.C. Johnson Park to attend Twelve Thirteen Fourteen by bitbrain | GC5H6GD at the Peterson Lake Nature Center.  Not many people had logged they were coming so I think everyone was surprised at the large number of people who showed up.

After the event, I logged a nearby earthcache Peterson Lake Wetlands by cloud_dog_9 | GC5H2E0 and tackled two additional caches along the greenbelt trail that proceeds south from the park.  Both caches were excellent in both hide and camouflage techniques.

Sunday, it was off to an afternoon event in Audubon Park in East Memphis called Hot Dogs -n- Not Dogs II: Patty Duke's Birthday by Team Discord | GC58BWF.  First, I tried for a third time to hunt Eat Yer Vegetables by cdhundley | GC44HMP.  I ran into team hdrider55 leaving that cache (which they had found) so I was disappointed that I still couldn't find it. 

I made it to the event on time and enjoyed a couple of hot dogs while listening to caching stories.  I left early when hdrider55 offered to help me find GC4HMP.  That was another excellent cache as well as evidence that I have spent too much time lately on easy caches.

1 comment:

Itcomagic said...

Ha! Patty Duke's Birthday. Such a random add-on to an Event. Thanks for coming out!