Monday, October 22, 2007

Old Liberty Hill Haunted Adventure, Part I

Saturday was looking to be a great day, but I had no plans for caching. I had intended the spend the day working. Friday afternoon, Abiectio called me and said that he was planning on attending Old Liberty Hill Haunted Adventure and spending the entire day caching in Mississippi in the area around the event. I was hesitant to go because I needed to rest up for a 10 mile race I was running in Sunday, but decided I need some fun! I didn't have time to make my usual preparations, but did generate a pocket query for the area.

Abiectio picked me up at 8:30 am Saturday and off we went.

Our first stop was Holly Springs, MS where we picked up four quick caches. Two of them were at fast food places, so naturally the hunger pangs began. It wasn't quite time for lunch yet so we headed towards New Albany. Just before we got there we stopped at a cache Abiectio had been to before and really liked the camo on - Cache of Steel by lacey38655 (GC134K9). That cache took me a moment to find because my GPSr decided I needed a challenge. I found it though and posed for a picture with the container before getting back on the road.



Our next stop was a park in New Albany, MS. Here we did the first of much hiking during the day! We parked somewhere along the paved Tallahatchie Trail and hiked to the first cache in the area - A Walk Along The River by SniperChicken (GC13CZ3).

It was an relatively easy find after readjusting our perspective. We then crossed through a thicket in search of another cache that turned out not to be in my pocket query. It might have been archived, anyways we drove a short distance away and found another cache in an area rich with muggles (none were near the cache). We found a total of four caches in New Albany, missing one other because a car show was being held in the area surrounding the cache.

Our next destination was Pontotoc, but first - lunch at a Chinese buffet where we discussed important geocaching issues.

More to come

No comments: