Thursday, July 10, 2008

Cleaning Up

I have been using itsnotaboutthenumbers.com for awhile now to keep track of my "important" caching statistics and finally got tired of seeing the note about having multiple finds on a cache. When Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny (GCCFED) was adopted by yogi and dolphin back in 2006, the owner gave permission to log it again. I had gone back and signed the log again, but after some time realized that since I believe that logging a cache more than once (even with permission) is wrong, I needed to delete my second log. Ahhh, I feel much better now.

---

I just got back from a three-week trip to Oregon and still have a few caches to log. Afterwards, I will try to document some of my more interesting excursions.

3 comments:

Titansfan said...

I don't like seeing the two multiple finds on my stats either, thought about removing them. Decided not to since it would disrupt my milestones.
I do not multiple find anything else.
With GSAK stats, one can go into the all finds database and elminate the log and then run the stat report.

Adonis32 said...

Good to see you have made it back. I was starting to have withdrawal from not seeing any new posts in a while. I'm new enough to not have any multiples yet, but on the GC forums it seems that they are trying to get people to archive caches rather than just move them anywhere with the same GC number.

Mackheath said...

I think I had around 700 finds when I logged GCCFED for the second time. I was anxious to reach 1k.

I'm pretty sure that it wasn't moved far from its original spot - that is why it wasn't archived. It didn't hurt that the cache adopter is a good friend of the local reviewer.

Titansfan - I probably wouldn't have deleted the log if that stat in itsnotaboutthenumbers.com wasn't staring me in the face.

rbwvr - Thanks for your comment, it's good to be back (blogging, anyways ;-) )