Monday, July 21, 2008

La Grande, OR - June 21, 2008

I had been in town about a week and had already been to the Cove library (my base of operations) to update some of my geocaching information. Now I was ready to do some caching.

I came into La Grande with my Mom and stepfather. They wanted to visit a chiropractic clinic that was giving free massages and adjustments on this day. We hunted three caches afterwards. The first was across the street at Eastern Oregon University - EOU #1 by jandsjacobson99 (GC180ZG). It was a short, two-stage multi. I led us to the area of the cache and let my Mom discover it. She always gets excited when she spots a cache first.

The second find was Birdie Lookout by lovin-mustang (GC1CQT9). This was at the Ladd Marsh Wildlife preserve. I had been here the year before hunting another nearby cache. We never see any wildlife here, but it is a neat place.

Finally, we hunted Watch your step by lovin-mustang (GC1BYER). This was in a new neighborhood under development. The curious thing about the area is that they paved the roads and put up street signs before starting any other construction.

Afterwards, we did some grocery shopping and headed home.

No comments: