Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Brownsville, TN - March 28, 2009

I had recently gotten my car fixed up so I could start taking road trips again so I had been debating where my first trip would take me. Since rain was forecast for Saturday, I decided that familiar territory would be best for this trip. I mapped out my unfound caches for Brownsville, TN and as an afterthought mapped out some for Jackson, TN as well.

Because I was busy during the previous week, I only had time to research the Brownsville caches. For the Jackson caches, I planned to rely more on my familiarity with the area. I had packed a bag in the event that I might want to stay the night in Jackson and cache more the next day.

I left Memphis around 8am - later than I had planned. There was intermittent rain until I got to Brownsville. At that point, I was hit with a deluge that slowed me down for a bit. I had to bypass getting LTL - Koko Road / Whiteville by cgeek (GCWAMJ) and headed straight into town. My first find of the day was Contrast by EverywhereActs1:8 (GC1N2XD) which was only interesting because of the cache container.

The most interesting caches I found in the Brownsville area on this trip were:
Equus by Canoe Guy (GC16R4E) - due to the location and the fact it was a Canoe Guy cache.

fluffy&itchy's Excellent Adventure #1: Brownsville by fluffy&itchy (GC18BPY) - The location was the reward. I have found three different caches near that spot and I enjoyed them all.

I cached out Brownsville in a counter-clockwise manner, getting most all caches within 5 miles or so of the city limits. My last find in the area was Don't Bee by prontopup (GC17K35). I was fortunate in approaching this one from Brownsville because TDOT was doing bridge work on I-40 at Mercer Rd. which would have blocked my approach. In fact, the construction prevented me from getting across to LTL - Mercer Road v.2 by cgeek (GC163W8) - a mere .2 miles away from Don't Bee and I had to take a slow winding detour to even get back on I-40. In the end, I found all of the caches I went in Brownsville after except the two LTL caches along I-40.

[ coming next, Adventures in JAGLAND ]

No comments: