Monday, April 9, 2007

My thoughts about CITOs

CITO (Cache-In-Trash-Out) events are without a doubt my favorite type of geocaching event to have attended (to date). I have been to three CITOs in my relatively short time in GOWT (Geocachers of West Tennessee). I like CITOs in large part because of the bonding that takes place. Regular events I have been to have been fun, but as an introverted type, I tend to spend more time eating than greeting! CITOs, while allowing us to improve the environment, force us to work as a team (or many small teams) to get a common job done. Many times we move around in different groups talking while we work. This allows us to bond more effectively (in my opinion) than in other types of events.


I am reminded of this having attended a CITO in Memphis two weeks ago and preparing to attend another in Arkansas later this week. I look forward to making new friends and working together to improve an area of the country that I always enjoy visiting.

No comments: