Thursday, April 26, 2007

Word of the day

cli·ché [klee-shey, kli-]
–n
1. a trite, stereotyped expression; a sentence or phrase, usually expressing a popular or common thought or idea, that has lost originality, ingenuity, and impact by long overuse, as sadder but wiser, or strong as an ox.
2. (in art, literature, drama, etc.) a trite or hackneyed plot, character development, use of color, musical expression, etc.
3. anything that has become trite or commonplace through overuse.
–adj
4. trite; hackneyed; stereotyped; clichéd

When asked on our forums as to the status of our 2007 GOWT President, I made the comment that he was spotted recently "guarding the Krispy Kremes at a recent JAG CITO". I took a bit of heat for that - some folks going as far to suggest I should be banned from the GOWT forums. I later posted the CITO log entry from said GOWT president where he specifically referred to the donuts. I then received personal messages asking why I was so bitter and hateful. Sigh. Subsequently I learned that a few in JAG adopted the term. JAG's leader even used the phrase in a "Will Attend" log for an event.

That is how a new JAG cliché was born: "guarding the Krispy Kremes". Glad I could help!

1 comment:

SteveSpencer824 said...

just more evidence that you have an influence on how the "game" is played. ;^P