Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Change of Plans

In the last post, I mentioned that I would not be going back to the GOWT forums after my three-day suspension was up. After a night's sleep, I changed my mind. I will not let my friends down.

I have recently learned that my friends in JAG have "attempted" to block access to their site from certain GOWT members (including, but not limited to, myself). I think they need a better webmaster - one that recognizes that they are currently in violation of eamped.com's Terms of Service agreement. JAG is required to adhere to the TOS or risk losing their free forums. This same TOS is what requires them to make at least 70% of their content visible to the public and what stymied their attempts to keep their content private.

I'm coming back to the forums and I will follow the rules wisely created by the founders of GOWT. I will not allow the weak-minded members of JAG (a small, but vocal subset of the membership) and other so-called "influential" members of the geocaching community to win this battle.

No comments: