Saturday, August 4, 2007

Coasting to 2K Finds

I wasn't in a particular hurry while hunting my 2nd 1000 caches but the time seemed to pass quickly. Maybe it's because I made several big numbers runs with various cachers over the last year and a half.

Titansfan and I made a run to Nashville (my first) right after I hit the 1k mark. We managed to get around 40 caches and attend a meeting of the Middle Tennessee Geocaching Club on that cold day in March.

I made another run a couple months later with BigDaddyD and the Bluff Boys to Smyrna and the East Fork Recreation Area where we picked up 51 caches! We had a lot of fun that day although we got wet early and spent most of the day wearing wet clothes.

I made two trips across the country to Oregon picking up 120 or more caches each trip. I enjoy caching on long trips although I confess after driving and caching for 4-day stretches, I got pretty tired. Making those trips in June/July didn't help!

Cgeek and I made a run to Jackson late in the spring of this year and a run to Nashville a week or so later where, thanks to her, I set a one-day personal best record of 70 caches!

When I got close to the 2k mark, I invited my buddy jbgreer to cache with me for those final caches. I wanted someone in my family to be with me for the 2k milestone and jbgreer is like a brother!

I got 16 caches on this day - which was light for me, but very enjoyable! Cache number 2000 was : Sudoku Challenge: Easy by Chance Encounter (adopted by PsychicAsh) (GCVAZ0)

I did the other caches in that series earlier and actually became addicted to sudoku puzzles as a result!

Since I didn't bother to get a picture of myself at my 2000th find. I am just going to post a picture of myself with the guy who got me started in this hobby - jbgreer. In the picture below we are about to enjoy some barbecue. Today we also dined on barbecue before hitting our last few caches of the day.


Thanks to my friends for fun times over the last three years and I hope I get to do a lot more caching with all of you!

3 comments:

Titansfan said...

I recall that trip on a cold day in March, I grabbed my best day total of 41 and that wore me out! I was on my quest to reach #500 that day and did it.

Jim G said...

I was glad I could be there, my brother.

WT said...

I remember those two runs well! The Nashville run was a long day but I don't regret at all the extra stops on the way home to help get you to 70 finds. It was a blast!