Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Union City, TN - 3/14/2010

Union City, TN is a town that has always gotten missed by me when caching in the area. The closest I had been before this day was Martin, TN to the southeast.

After visiting Reelfoot Lake and heading up to Hickman, KY for a few caches, I came back down into Tennessee and Union City. Most of the caches I found here were placed by Team KC whom I'd met back on my last trip to Jackson, TN.

[ Across from Union City Depot ]

Most all were simple park and grabs, which were enjoyable on this day. I think I spent 3 or so hours here and would have had lunch, but was drawn by the lure of one more cache to the south of town..

One of the last caches I found inside of Union City was Unknown Confederate Dead by Titansfan (GCRGRN). The below monument was nearby. It was interesting to say the least. It kind of reminded me of a big wedding cake.

[ This is on the National Historic Registry ]

After leaving Union City, I headed south for Memphis via Dyersburg and Blytheville, AR.

No comments: