Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Curious Cache of the Day

One of the myriad of ways I kill time is looking at recently published caches to see if a cache stands out that might entice me to make a road trip to do some caching. This curious cache is located in Martin, TN and is on the campus of UT Martin.

You Play Your Way, I'll Play Mine - Dare Ya #1 by Lil Lucky Clover (GC1777Q)


This cache is rated a 5/5 and I pored over the description looking to see what on earth possessed the owner to rate this "mystery" cache so highly. It has "special logging requirements" which appear to be submitting a picture of yourself standing on your head at the cache site. Does a camera qualify as "special equipment" or is it perhaps the assistance of a friend (or two) helping you stand on your head?

I'm not whining about the cache, mind you. I'm just trying to figure out how a solitary cacher like myself might take a picture of myself upside-down outside of a university campus women's dormitory without getting arrested by campus security!

Update: 11/14: I was informed today that the location is a former women's dorm now used as offices.

Update: 11/19: This cache had been archived and now removed from the geocaching site.
Before it was removed and after it was archived, it was logged by yogi and dolphin. It even had the picture of dolphin standing on her head, although it was not clear if the photo was taken at the cache location. I was able to save the picture.
I am curious to know why the listing (approved by Max Cacher) was removed from the site as opposed to being permanently archived.

4 comments:

flame-red said...

It is my understanding that the cache was archived by the owner. It may be coming back...???

Mackheath said...

I hope it does. Although I don't agree that it should be a 5/5, I wouldn't mind hunting it.

Jamey said...

It may be coming back thanks for the publicity. The rating was to just get it approved. Look for something new coming down the road.

Mackheath said...

LLC, I am looking forward to your new caches. I enjoyed my last caching trip to Martin and hope to make it back there soon.