Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Holiday Bash 2008

Holiday Bash 2008 by Team Sprout (GC17KR9)

My friend Sprout of Team Sprout is opening up his spacious home for a Christmas get together. Surprisingly, or perhaps not, this geocaching event is not listed as being a GOWT or a DeltaGeo event. I have signed up to attend and look forward to visiting friends I don't see often including Team Spencersb who will be coming to Memphis for a visit that weekend. I confess I'm not really interested in the "Yankee Swap" tradition, but I'm not really into games.

On a separate note, I saw this new disclaimer at the bottom of the GOWT forum pages today: "GOWT is not responsible for questionable or controversial content found through links external to this site. " That is a politically correct way of saying that GOWT is not responsible for any opinions I might express on this blog. Kind of ironic since GOWT itself is the source of some of my more "controversial" opinions. A more appropriate disclaimer might be: "This product may contain nuts."

2 comments:

flame-red said...

Ed,

I am grateful that it is not listed as an event of GOWT or Delta, or any other group. I think it is time we host events that are groundspeak (geocaching.com) events. The host can always identify that he/she is a member of GOWT or Delta... or any other group. I guess I am saying that a host should focus on getting people from all walks of life to come to an event. My understanding is that, in the past, there have been only 2 official GOWT events annually, a CITO and an annual meeting of the membership.

Mackheath said...

I don't believe an organization as honorable as GOWT should hide its light under a bushel. ;-)