Monday, November 26, 2007

Word of the Day

flash point
–n
1. the lowest temperature at which a liquid in a specified apparatus will give off sufficient vapor to ignite momentarily on application of a flame.
2. a critical point or stage at which something or someone suddenly causes or creates some significant action: A 10 percent drop in mortgage rates will produce a flash point in the housing market.

I have decided to disassociate myself from the Delta Area Geocachers. My flash point was reached courtesy of the three individuals who run that site. I have indeed learned something about people who fail to learn from history.

Update: 12/2/2007: Delta Area Geocachers not only deleted my membership (which I expected), but are requiring members to log on before viewing the vast majority of their site. Failure to learn from history.

No comments: