Thursday, January 3, 2008

Schedule Conflicts

It's almost time for the 4th annual GOWT anniversary event so I've been keeping an eye on the Groundspeak event calendar. To my surprise today, I saw a West Tennessee event scheduled for January 26 which is normally the day we host our annual event. It seems that the clowns of the "JAG Nation" picked that day to host Volnuts 1K Shindig by dalls (GC18B2T). I'm surprised this was not listed as a "subscriber-only" event so they could monitor who reads the event page. I know how they like to do that and post the names in their discussion forum.

A short time later, I looked at February's calendar and saw our event - 4th Annual GOWT Gathering by Geocachers of West Tennessee (GC18AZX) was scheduled for February 16 - nearly three weeks after our traditional anniversary date. I found out later that was because somebody had a "schedule conflict" with our normal day. Since nobody polled the membership about alternate dates, I assume it was somebody on the leadership or advisory committees.

If I were a cynical person I would note that this schedule change gives a certain licentious member of the leadership committee an opportunity to spend a part of Valentine's Day weekend with his two favorite non-familial ladies. Hmmmmm.... Bring flowers, little playa and leave the wife at home! This event should be a lot of fun if the restaurant doesn't run out of pie!

No comments: