Sunday, January 20, 2008

Three-Day Weekend

Considering the fact that this is a 3-day weekend for me and the weather has been great, I had no big caching plans. Saturday I had made plans to go see the movie "Cloverfield" with my buddy jbgreer. I thought I'd do a little caching prior to meeting up with him but only did one good cache and a couple of easy park and grabs.

One of the finds I had was Germantown Station by Chance Encounter (GCVB59) that I had made a tentative search for last weekend. This time I arrived in the daylight, parked much closer, and made the find quickly some ten feet away from where I looked before. I'm pretty sure muggles are responsible for the vandalized logbook and I'm surprised they left the container there.

The GOWT forums have been busy lately. Some polls were created in the members-only section that were interesting. A poll regarding members' opinions on "power trails" got a few comments besides the votes. JoGPS contributed a rambling diatribe that concluded with how he will "...play the game the way I want to, but will defend your right to play it the way you want, and have". Several members began a butt-kissing initiative to settle the old man down. I'm glad to see polls about geocaching issues but still believe that rational discourse on "controversial" geocaching topics is impossible given the "intellectual diversity" of our membership.

Not sure if I'll do anything on Monday...

No comments: