Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Caching on Mother's Day 2008

I made a quick pass through Millington, TN on my way to spend Mother's Day with my family. Since I didn't want to get dirty, I only went after 3 caches - two of which were quick park and grabs.

My first find of the day was Twofer - Millington Water by cgeek (GC1B2YP). It was near a waste treatment plant. At least it had convenient parking. My second find was just down the road: Twofer - Navy Road by cgeek (GC1B176). This cache made me question why I bother going after PnGs. At least I didn't have to deal with muggles. Maybe these two caches may have more meaning to people who log benchmarks...

My last find of the day was There are no monkey bars here by Abiectio (GC18VNZ). This was my first visit to Eastwood Park. Since it had rained the night before, I dodged damp spots in the grass while hiking to the cache from the parking area. This side of the park is empty except for a single park bench and some trees. Speaking of trees, there was a tree down near the cache location. I don't know if it fell recently.

There you go, three caches - three finds. Not much else to say. When I was done, I called my Mom to wish her a Happy Mother's Day and then went to visit family.

No comments: