Sunday, May 4, 2008

This Weekend in Caching - Part II

I didn't do any morning caching on Saturday because I knew I wouldn't have time to get cleaned up before going to see the new Iron Man movie. I met up with jbgreer and his wife for lunch at McAlister's Deli near the Malco Paradiso theatre at noon. Iron Man is an excellent movie - I highly recommend it! After the movie ended and I parted ways with my friends, I thought I'd go after a couple of caches on the way home. My first stop was Audubon Park to hunt Trolling For That Darned Treasure! by itcomagic (GC1BBBT).

Saturday afternoon is NOT a good time to hunt a cache in this park that requires stealth, but it was late in the afternoon and overcast so I thought I'd give it a shot. I had been to the first stage spot the week before with no luck. After itcomagic put out a hint, finding the first stage was very quick. No muggles at this stage helped as well. I was familiar with the location of the second stage so I walked over. This area had plenty of muggles. I did give finding the cache a try, but I had little time to get in and out before muggles came by. It was also muddy, which didn't help. I'll have to go back on a better day...

Since I was already dirty, I decided to go after the other cache on my list for the day: Word Search - Music by itcomagic (GC11Q3J). I had worked out the tedious puzzle a few days before. There were six questions to answer and I worked the answers to 5 of the 6. One question, the 5th, didn't work out for me so I used evince and some guesses to get the needed answer.

The cache was in an area I was familiar with and I had intended to walk over from my house, but since I was out driving anyways, I parked in an area close to the cache and got in and out. I liked the hide, and wished I had more time to explore. This area is rough during the heat of summer.

No comments: