Tuesday, May 20, 2008

One Hour of Caching

This past Sunday, I headed north to spend time with my family and celebrate my niece's birthday. I made some plans to pick up a few caches on the way. I left my house around 11:30am and knew I wouldn't have much more than an hour to cache so I picked out a few easy ones to go after that were more or less on my way.

As I was heading east along Sam Cooper Boulevard, I remembered that I had solved the puzzle for Memphis Polka by itcomagic (GCWG3F) and that it was nearby. It was the first time I had been through that neighborhood and I was kind of surprised how nice it was. There was a convenient area for parking a short distance away, and I took a little time to take a picture before heading off for the cache. I was concerned about being caught by muggles since a vehicle was parked a few feet from the cache, but since I didn't have to spend much time searching, I was in and out pretty quickly. Shortly after returning to my car, I got a phone call from my sister-in-law wanting to know when I'd get out there. I said that I was on my way. I made two quick stops and picked up Twofer - Summer Avenue by cgeek (GC1B18N) and Twofer - Bartlett Water by cgeek (GC1BC5P).


The latter of those two was actually in an interesting spot. There were two more caches in the area, but I was too low on time. I headed east and found Thirty One by cgeek (GCY07Q) and ccs2006 by Andy/Memphis (GC19K6Q). I figured I'd head north from there but traffic problems meant I would be changing course twice. My GPSr was arguing with me about the route I ended up using but I got to my destination.

I spent the rest of the afternoon eating hamburgers and birthday cake and watching little kids run around. I always enjoy family visits and do not lament the fact that I only spent an hour caching on such a perfect day.

No comments: