Sunday, May 6, 2007

Caching in Nashville - May 2007

Nashville has lots of great caches. I never cached here during the time I was hunting my first 1k finds, but had made a couple of trips to Murfreesboro (with Titansfan) and Smyrna (with BigDaddyD and the Bluff Boys) in the months immediately after. When cgeek invited me along for a hunt inside Nashville, I was eager to go.

I met up with cgeek at 5am and with no delays, off we went.

We only hit a couple of caches heading east along I-40, mainly for times sake but our first find of the day was An Unusual Occurrence at the Cotton Patch. It is located near an interesting-looking Information Center with rest room facilities (which I needed at this point). We took the opportunity during this short break to do a little CITO.


We reached Nashville around 8:30 am... Most of the caches we did were Park and Grabs, but several involved a little hiking in the woods. Many of the caches had been around a while and I appreciated the variety of hide types done by a large number of different cache placers.

Nashville has lots of interesting virtual caches, but we only did one on this trip - Trinity.

One of the caches I enjoyed that day was Shy's Hill. It involved a nice hike uphill and the trail was a little slick because of the recent rain, but very well-maintained. The expected rain held off for a good part of the day but it had rained enough so that we got fairly wet walking through the wooded areas.

After a quick pick-up of dinner at a Wendy's we started the long trip home. I still had some energy for caching so cgeek graciously let me hunt a few LTLs on the way back to Memphis.

--

Thanks go to cgeek, who drove on this trip, for the company and for not falling asleep at the wheel!

1 comment:

Titansfan said...

It's great you and cgeek had a great and safe trip. I recall our adventure in Middle TN on my quest for number 500. I did 41 that day and it wore me out.